Messy Church is when we dispense with many of the Church formalities and encourage everyone to 'chill out' and express their faith in a variety of different ways. It is an opportunity to bring families and individuals together for a new and fresh expression of what we as Christians are about. But what does it involve? It’s different and it’s messy! It's about spending time together to enjoy a particular craft, playing a game, enjoying a meal. It is also about worship and learning about the God who loves us all.
It is based on the principles of:
- Providing an opportunity for people of all ages to worship together
- Helping people of all ages to feel that they belong in church and to each other
- Helping people have fun together
- Giving people a chance to express their God-given creativity
- Inviting people into an experience of Christian community
- Introducing people to Jesus through hospitality, friendship, stories and worship
'Messy Church' normally takes place the first Sundays of October, November, December, February and March. Please do look out for information nearer the time. Come along and give it a go!